Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Strange Encounter

This is a follow up on Blue Bird which I wrote in September as a result of feeling great depression. Yesterday, my husband, my son, and I were sitting in the rear of our cafe and discussing our mutual problem—my son’s wife, who is the cause of this horrible situation we are all in and feeling trapped.

At that time a young girl came into the cafe, sat down next to us and began writing and working on her computer. We continued talking in a very quiet manner.We all stayed for about an hour. The girl then arose to leave. I smiled at her and she smiled back. Shortly, I noticed she left a hand written piece of paper on the table. Thinking it may be important, I grabbed it and ran after her. I looked all over. I then spotted a girl that resembled her about a half of a block away. I ran to her and called out, she turned, and it was not the same girl. She just disappeared. On my way back, I began reading the hand written letter.

On the very top of the paper was a musical scale, above it were the words “Please Read:”

"I don’t usually give notes to strangers, and please forgive the awkwardness, as I feel awkward myself. It may not make sense why I’m writing you this note, but things happen for a reason. I am not religious. So this is not to impose any religious belief, but I am compelled to give you this message which I honestly don’t know where it is coming from: One’s happiness cannot be found outside of oneself, the same goes for all emotions/feelings. What we experience on the outside comes from our experience happening on the inside. It may not make sense, but please try and understand the power thought has on our lives, our relationships and our well being. Whatever is inside is outside. Whatever is outside is inside, if you choose. Sometimes, one does not have the conscious power to make that choice, but everyone possesses the power of free will. And most are not aware or take advantage of the power to choose... it is more so taken for granted.

You see, I sit here writing...unaware of what the conversations are about because I am half deaf, and all on the side where you happen to be sitting. So, please don’t be alarmed, I did not hear any part of your conversations.

I have one last message:

Learn from the goodness of others as well as from your own. Love unselfishly and follow that golden rule ’til the end of your days. We all possess the power to do great things and make a difference, but it’s a conscious choice we must continually make on a daily basis, whether we are aware of it or not.

We come across individuals that we only see once in our entire lifetime, perhaps for a reason. As awkward as this seems for both of us...this message was intended to be found by you."

I am blown away by this occurrence. I believe this was another miracle. Please, please, if anyone has any interpretations for me, let me know.

No comments: